1101 Perimeter Dr. Ste. 220, Schaumburg, IL 60173


Schaumburg Post Decree Modification Attorney

Lawyer Assisting with Divorce Decree Modification and Enforcement in Schaumburg

Even the most comprehensive divorce decree can be inadequate when there is a substantial change in the circumstances of the parties or their children. When circumstances change, modifications to the divorce decree are often required. At the law office of Anderson Attorneys, P.C., we can assist you in obtaining the post decree modifications you need to better fit your present situation. We also represent clients seeking to avoid such modifications.

Types of Available Post Decree Modifications

In Illinois, modifications can be made to several areas of a divorce decree, including child custody and visitation arrangements, child support, and maintenance/alimony. In order for the court to grant such modifications, there must be suitable grounds. These grounds can include but are not limited to:

  • Changes in the financial circumstances of one or both parties (i.e. job loss or promotion)
  • A change in the marital status of one party
  • Changes in the educational or medical needs of children
  • Concern for the safety and well-being of children
  • Desire of one parent to relocate
  • Preferences of older children in regards to custody arrangements

The easiest and most cost-efficient way to modify the conditions of a divorce decree is through negotiation, but sometimes that is not possible. Post decree modifications can be as hard fought as the original divorce proceedings. No matter what the situation, we are prepared to strongly advocate for your best interests and the best interests of your children.

Post Decree Enforcement

Failure to comply with the conditions of the original divorce decree can also require legal action. If your former spouse is not paying child support or spousal support fully and in a timely manner, there are legal remedies. Additionally, if your ex-spouse is interfering in your parenting rights as specified by your divorce decree, legal action may be necessary. Our family law attorney can assist in enforcement of court orders by petitioning the court for wage garnishment and other court imposed consequences.

If you need assistance with modifying or enforcing the conditions of your divorce decree, contact us at 847-850-8899 to schedule a free consultation. From our Schaumburg office, we serve clients throughout the Chicago area and beyond.

Contact Us Today

NOTE: Fields with a * indicate a required field.
Name *
Phone *
Email *
Briefly describe your legal issue. *

DisclaimerThe use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

I have read and understand the Disclaimer and Privacy Policy.

Back to Top